Hubey
Chris

Contact ADKJ

Email ADKJ

Address
Adirondack Jeeps, Inc.
PO BOX 834
Nassau, NY 12123

Author Topic: TJ Build.  (Read 175189 times)

June 02, 2015, 12:04:22 PM
Reply #165

Offline RedTj

all dry now, changed the pinion seal late last Thursday, 3 trips to advance auto. ran it good this weekend (road trip) and still no leaks, so call off the hazmat team. packing up for trip to Maine, 14 days till we leave. :)
think i have everything running good now and ready for the trip. going back through nuts and bolts this week and make sure everything is tight. saw a Jeep last year a VOT that lost all the bolts on one side of his trans skid, they were taking bolts out of another jeep to get him to the hardware store, don't want to be that guy.

June 11, 2015, 09:55:20 AM
Reply #166

Offline RedTj

2 more days of work then i'm off to Maine for the Moose on the Loose Run with Rick and Northeast Overland, can't wait. think i have everything working on the jeep now, thanks to Shane and Jeff :) now my biggest worry with the jeep is carrying enough fuel for the days we will not be able to refuel. have 2 6 gallon jugs and one 5 gallon jerry can, think i'm taking them all after seeing what my range is unloaded. looks like i'm quite 200 mile on a tank (thats not good), hope that's enough.

June 11, 2015, 04:38:57 PM
Reply #167

Offline RussJr

• Administrator
  • Ready to hit the trails
    • RussJR.com
Have fun Ted.
07' JKU Rubicon
Any issues with the Forum please send me a PM or email.

June 11, 2015, 10:37:04 PM
Reply #168

Offline Shane

• ADKJ
Have fun and good luck!!  I can talk to my cousin that works out of the air base in Scotia and schedule an airdrop for fuel...Maine is just a local flight for them...
'97 TJ's on 39 krawlers

June 12, 2015, 11:18:52 AM
Reply #169

Offline RedTj

thanks,  ;D

June 15, 2015, 07:56:07 PM
Reply #170

Offline RedTj

finally ready to leave for moose on the loose.

January 25, 2016, 01:05:00 PM
Reply #171

Offline RedTj

well guess its been a long time since i updated. Moose on the Loose went well. Jeep did really well, but roughest part of the trip was on the return trip we did more highway miles and she got hot. At the end of the summer we made a trip to Rouchcreek for Women's day wheeling and we had a little death wobble issue, nothing that keep Sharon from having fun on the rocks, just point out that i needed to do some maintenance after all the miles we did this summer.
so this winters funds are going to maintenance and little stuff. thought i was going to have to have some transmission work done, but thanks to Shane at OFR, figured out I had been checking the fluid level wrong and we were just low. Seems to be working great now.
Poison Spider hood louver - to try to get some heat out.
Rancho steering stabilizer and replacement bushings for the control arms.
Cable Shift - eliminate binding and noise from stock
Dual Battery - ?? (we killed the battery on MOTL running the cooler overnight)
So nothing major. (wanted to do metal cloak fenders but they will have to wait.)

January 25, 2016, 01:10:25 PM
Reply #172

Offline RedTj

Got the hood Louver install this weekend and control arms half off. painting them before reinstalling with the new bushings. Not sure why but one on each of the arms was dry and worn. Must be the grease wasn't getting into them good so i'll make sure it does now.

January 25, 2016, 08:14:49 PM
Reply #173

Offline Shane

• ADKJ
Looks great Ted!  Makes it look mean.  You happy with it?  Like I mentioned it will make a huge difference in underhood temps.
'97 TJ's on 39 krawlers

January 26, 2016, 08:15:22 AM
Reply #174

Offline RedTj

like the looks can't wait to see how it does with the heat. but i'm pretty sure it should do the trick.

February 01, 2016, 09:25:00 AM
Reply #175

Offline SideshowBob

• My name is actually Josh
The guys down here say the hood vent helps some but the real solution is a alum core radiator.  When the road is 125 degrees and the air is 97 my TJ really doesn't love screaming down the highway. Y'all don't have that problem :)

December 22, 2016, 03:16:25 PM
Reply #176

Offline RedTj

Merry Christmas, going through some old pics and found some of when I first got the jeep thought I'd share. So here's an old one and a current one.

January 01, 2017, 09:47:03 AM
Reply #177

Offline Tim

• B.O.D.
    • My Day Job
...and Happy New Year!   Thanks Ted - the RTJ looks great!

January 04, 2017, 09:42:57 AM
Reply #178

Offline RedTj

Happy New Year to you as well. Rick invited me to going "snow wheeling" with him this weekend. New thing for me as the Jeep is usually in the garage for the winter, but no big "plans" this year so we were ready to go. Had a good time but she started whistling on the way home, not sure if it was the AC pump, water pump or alternator, going to try to figure it out this week. It did stop making the noise by the time we got home.